Optional Payment Plan
Students with financial hardship may choose to pay by installments as follows:
- 1/3 tuition, $40.00 registration fee, and $10.00 processing fee per course, due at the time of fall and spring registration (cash, check, or credit card)
- The remaining two payments, each equaling 1/2 the balance, will be drawn automatically from a valid credit or debit card number, furnished at the original registration, in October and November (fall semester) or March and April (spring semester)
Please note: the optional payment plan is not available for courses with fewer than 10 class meetings.
Tuition Assistance Programs
Funds from the Preparatory School Scholarship and Tuition Assistance for Boston Residents programs are available to students who have demonstrated talent, proficiency, and financial need.
All students receiving scholarships are evaluated each year and are expected to maintain a high level of commitment to their studies.
Because of the number of students seeking assistance and the limitation of available funds, there are no full scholarships. Awards are based on the number of classes indicated. Families are required to submit tax documentation with the application. Preparatory School scholarships are awarded during the academic year only; no funds are available for summer lessons.
New students must have teacher and/or ensemble placements, as well as a letter of recommendation, before filing the application.
Tuition Assistance Applications
The 2017-2018 Tuition Assistance applications are now available.
Please note that incomplete applications cannot be processed.
Completed applications should be mailed to the following address:
New England Conservatory Prep School
290 Huntington Avenue
Boston, MA 02115
ATTN: Prep Scholarship Committee
Please choose your application based on your student status:
Tuition Assistance Application for NEW Prep students
Tuition Assistance Application for RETURNING Prep students
Tuition Assistance for Boston Residents
This program gives Boston residents with musical aptitude and limited financial resources an opportunity to enroll in the Preparatory School. Children who have shown exceptional ability and are enrolled in the Preparatory Certificate Program will receive primary consideration. Other children may be accepted based upon available openings in a particular instrument and/or course of study. All students receiving tuition assistance are evaluated each semester and are expected to maintain a high level of commitment to their studies. All students are also expected to honor required classroom commitments, including on-time arrival for all scheduled classes, and a developed, sustainable, at-home, structured daily practice regime.
Students who wish to apply for tuition assistance should complete the scholarship application available by calling (617) 585-1314.
Preparatory School Endowed Scholarship Funds
The following is a list of endowed scholarship funds that have been established for the support of Preparatory School students:
- Aaron Michael Pinsky Endowed Preparatory School Scholarship
- Carroll-Foley Memorial Fund for Preparatory Students in Piano
- James Huang Memorial Scholarship for Preparatory School Students
- Martin Guterman Memorial Scholarship
- Seth Kimmelman Endowed Preparatory School Scholarship
- Frances Brockman Lanier Scholarship
- Grace M. and Aimé LeBlanc Memorial Scholarship
- Rodney Lister and Sergey Schepkin Scholarship
- Preparatory School Woodwind Scholarship
- Angel Ramón Rivera Scholarship
- Dr. Michael Smalky Memorial Scholarship
- The Francis O. and Elizabeth Hunnewell Scholarship in Recognition of Benjamin Zander
- Barbara Berger Preparatory School Scholarship
- Robert and Jane Morse Endowed Chamber Music Fund
New endowed scholarship funds for the Preparatory School may be created at $50,000 or more. We also welcome gifts to the existing scholarship funds. If you or a family member are interested in providing scholarship assistance, please contact the Assistant Director of Donor Relations, at (617) 585-1185.