NEC's Student Computer Lab operates six days and evenings per week (Sunday through Friday) during the academic year.
During the academic year, normal hours are:
- Sunday: 1:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Monday through Thursday: 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
During student orientation, finals, holidays, and certain other times, operating hours are subject to change. Changes are posted outside of the Computer Lab.
The Computer Lab offers:
- 32 computing stations (Mac and PC)
- Internet access
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher)
- black & white printing
- music notation software (Finale, Sibelius)
- audio editing/conversion software (Audacity, iTunes)
- image editing software (Photoshop Elements)
- video capture, video editing, and DVD burning (Premiere Elements, Nero, iMovie/iDVD)
Typical college student’s technology needs
- Write papers and create presentations
- Access reading assignments and research materials
- Print homework
- Communicate with teachers via e-mail
- Use the Internet for research or pleasure
- Watch videos and listen to music assignments
Potential additional needs for NEC students
- Create scores (Finale or Sibelius)
- Research performance opportunities
- Create performance flyers and recital programs
- Edit audio and video of performances
- Create audition CDs and DVDs
- Online networking, e.g. social media, band promotion
- Create artistic or academic portfolios, including web-based portfolios