- Student Pay Schedule
- Staff (Non-Exempt) Pay Schedule
- Staff (Exempt) Pay Schedule
- Faculty Pay Schedule
Payroll How-to Guides
For Payroll Questions:
Kevin Kerris, Interim Payroll Administrator
If our Payroll Administrator not available, please contact
Richard Bowman, Controller
For Employee Benefits and Staff, Faculty’s New Hire Process and ADP Access:
Please contact Human Resources
For Student Employment Questions and International Students’ On-campus Employment:
Please contact Naomi Robinson in Human Resources
Required Payroll Forms:
All newly hired NEC employees (Faculty, Staff, or Student) must fill out the following forms in order to be paid:
- Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, the purpose of the Form I-9 is to document that a new employee (both a citizen and noncitizen) is authorized to work in the United States. New employees are required to provide unexpired and acceptable documents per Form I-9 to establish identity and work eligibility.
- Form W-4, Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate. This form is used to determine the amount of federal income taxes to be withheld. Employee can update it through the ADP portal.
- Form M-4, Massachusetts Employee’s Withholding Exemption Certificate. This form is used to determine the amount of state income taxes to be withheld. Employee can update it through the ADP portal.
Both of these forms must be completed five business days prior to the scheduled pay date.
- Direct Deposit, An employee must have his/her paycheck electronically deposited into a bank account. A paycheck can be direct deposited into several different bank accounts. The employee must go to the ADP portal and enroll in direct deposit. It takes one payroll cycle to verify the bank account and bank routing number. Therefore, an employee’s first paycheck (or newly updated direct deposit) will always be a live check. All direct deposit change must be done on the ADP portal by employee.
Incorrect Paycheck Amount and Deductions
If there is a discrepancy in your pay, contact your supervisor. Your supervisor should then contact the Payroll Office. Payroll will investigate the discrepancy. If there is an underpayment, the employee will receive a manual check to correct any difference. If there is an overpayment, the employment can arrange for a repayment schedule with Payroll. Payroll will look into any deduction questions and follow up with Human Resources as needed.
Lost Form W-2, Wage and Tax Statement
Current employees can see and download Form W-2 in the ADP portal. If you need assistance on the ADP access, please contact Human Resources. Since former employees cannot access to the ADP portal, please contact payroll office for copies.
Notify Payroll as soon as possible to place a stop payment on the lost check and issue a replacement check. The employee is responsible for the $25 stop payment fee, which will be deducted from a replacement check
Students, staff, and faculty need to make any address changes on the ADP portal. Students also need to update it at the Student Service Office.
Paycheck Pick Up
Paychecks can be picked up at the Payroll Office (or the Business Office if the Payroll Office is closed) on the day of the pay date. Employees will be asked to show a picture ID. Any student paychecks not picked up after two weeks are put in the postal mail. Faculty payroll checks are mailed out one business day before the actual pay date, unless there is an alternative arrangement with the Payroll Accountant. Staff paychecks can be picked up on the day of the actual pay date.
For all questions regarding all types of on-campus employment, please contact Naomi Robinson in the Human Resources Office. Students are paid on Fridays, on a bi-weekly basis.
A Faculty member works for either the College or for Prep and Continuing Education (PSCE). Some faculty may work for both. Each Faculty member has a signed contract that specifies their specific rate of pay. Faculty are paid on a monthly basis, at the end of each month.
Staff employees are categorized as salaried or hourly. All hourly employees must enter their time by Saturday at noon every other week. Supervisors' deadline for approving time is Monday at noon. Staff payrolls are paid on Fridays, on a bi-weekly basis, with 26 pay periods per year.