The mission of the Staff Culture Committee (SCC) is to focus on an inclusive work culture that is positive, highly productive, and facilitates active engagement across campus. SCC provides a forum for input and discussion of issues important to the staff and NEC’s leadership. SCC membership is voluntary and represents staff from across various NEC offices and academic departments.
In support of the mission, SCC’s guiding principles are to:
- Create a positive working environment for all NEC employees;
- Serve as a liaison with Human Resources to maintain productive communication;
- Establish committees and ad hoc groups to develop activities that strive to continually improve communication and morale through educational, recreational, informational, and community service events;
- Create networking opportunities for staff across campus;
- Encourage social responsibility to support NEC and the surrounding community;
- Provide a supportive network to collaborate with the Center for Cultural Equity and Belonging.
Eligible candidates for SCC are staff employees in a full-time status position. SCC members attend up to two committee meetings a month and participate in committee projects or events.
Application and Nomination:
Staff apply through an annual application process or by peer nomination. Candidates are selected by the SCC membership.
Staff employees are welcome to contact any member of the Staff Culture Committee:
- Margie Apfelbaum, Director of Large Ensemble Administration
- Andrew Hurlbut, Assistant Director of Photography and Visual Media
- Lisa Nigris, Director of Recording and Performance Technology
- Yukii Ntumba, Academic and International Student Advisor
- Hannah Spence, Head of Library Cataloging and Electronic Resource Management