Reporting a Student Concern or Incident

CARE TEAM and Concerning, Worrisome, or Threatening Student Behaviors

Faculty, staff, students, and guests are encouraged to use the CARE TEAM referral form to report student behavior that they perceive as concerning, worrisome, or threatening. For information on what is meant by concerning behavior, please visit the CARE Team page and review information on when to refer a student.

Community Climate Concerns and Bias Related Incidents

NEC reviews reports of bias-related events, incidents, behavior or actions and supports restorative and educational responses to address the individual, collective, and institutional impacts. To report an incident, please use the Community Climate Concerns form.

Not sure if a behavior is a violation or how to categorize it? Contact the Office of Student Services by email at or call 617-585-1310 and leave a message and staff member will be in touch.

Academic Progress Reports

While we hope that all students are doing well in their classes, we know that sometimes this is not the case. This is a reminder that teachers may fill out Progress Reports for students who are not performing satisfactorily. If you’d like a member of Student Services to meet with one of your students, faculty should please complete this Academic Progress Report.

Report Relationship or Interpersonal Violence, Gender-Based Misconduct or Sexual Misconduct

Interpersonal violence includes dating violence, domestic violence, sexual harassment, sexual misconduct, or stalking behaviors. The Office of Student Services works with the Title IX coordinator to address interpersonal violence concerns. To report an incident, please use this Maxient Link. To report interpersonal violence anonymously, students may log into My NEC to access confidential, third-party reporting options, provided by EthicsPoint, listed under the "Security & Safety" tab.

Report an Academic Integrity Violation

Academic violations are behaviors that include, but are not limited to, cheating, plagiarism or falsifying official records related to NEC. General classroom misbehavior is considered a non-academic violation. To report academic misconduct, please use the Academic Integrity Report form.

Report a Non-Academic Violation or Room Misuse Report

Non-academic violations are behaviors that include, but are not limited to, alcohol, disorderly conduct, drugs, hazing, harassment, physical violence, or other violations of university policies, regulations, or rules. To report non-academic misconduct, please use our online Incident Reporting form.